ADA Case Study
Top Malaysian Oil & Gas Brand Secures Key Understanding of Customer Trends with Customer Profiling
The client is a Malaysian oil and gas company, ranked among the Fortune 500’s largest corporations in the world. With the onset of the COVID-19, the client’s customer footfall was heavily affected, especially in its petrol stations and physical stores. The shift in consumer behaviour and demand required the client to rethink their current marketing and operational approach to increase new customer acquisition.The Strategy
- Understand the petrol market share and shift in trend among different brands
This includes identifying the movement among petrol-goers, as well as the number of new customers acquired and lost throughout a specific time for the client and its competitors.
- Derive insights from XACT, ADA’s proprietary DMP
ADA derived the information based on socio-economic demographics, telco profile, and travel behaviour. Interests of petrol station visitors seen at all petrol outlets of interest were tracked.
- The Insights
ADA generated insights on the footfall pattern and movement of petrol-goers within a specified target area. Observations were made on petrol-goers’ online and offline behaviour, coupled with places they visit.
- Consumer Profiler Dashboard
We tracked the density of petrol-goers at different petrol stations during specific times of the day by geo-fencing the petrol stations nationwide. The IFAs (Identifier for Advertisers) of devices seen within the location were extracted. The identified data sets were then transformed, analysed, and derived for reporting of actionable insights. Each petrol-goer was grouped into segments: Client Loyalists, Client Switchers, Competitor Loyalists, and Competitor Switchers.
- The Insights: Client, Competitors, & Visitor Analyses
ADA derived the market shares of the client and its competitors. Detailed insights were produced by observing the changing market share monthly. Visitor analyses were conducted on the movements for client’s C-Biz partners and internal physical stores. The offline and online behaviour of customers were derived as well.
- The client was able to effectively influence customer’s behaviour through effective marketing campaigns in selected geographies.
- We identified customer behaviour segments that prevailed within 18 months, personas, media consumptions, and the size of switchers that has changed behaviour post-campaign launch, with a granular understanding on the switchers.
- Understood the trends of customers on-the-move to enable the creation of an ecosystem of captive customers.