The competition in food marketing is fierce. With new products coming out all the time and an endless array of options to choose from, food brands are kept on their toes. Staying relevant is a must. A multinational butter brand in the Philippines was facing declining market share due to local competition and the fact that they had shied away from advertising campaigns for some time. While it made sense to highlight the brand by sharing recipe videos, this was already a well-worn trope among Filipino food brands.
- Launch a branded hashtag challenge on TikTok
TikTok HTCs invite other users to film themselves taking part in a challenge. As more users interact with the hashtag, the more it becomes trending content on their For You feed.
- Launch the product on TikTok
Drive follower growth and increase traffic to the client’s TikTok page by attracting new and returning customers. The idea was to delight and entice users to indulge in savoury, sweet, and buttery meals that looked, smelled, and tasted even better with butter.
- Reward users participating in the challenge
Putting together a successful branded HTC on TikTok meant incorporating all the elements of a TikTok video: music, mood, influencers (micro and macro), ads, and a reward for participating in the challenge.
- Hashtag challenge: Highlight quality content from KOLs
To boost HTC exposure, we integrated with traffic drivers like Top View and sustained by R&F. Top view: Only publish videos that are 15 seconds or shorter. Reach & frequency: Launch and utilise various KOL-led creatives. Emphasise the prizes to drive CTR and traffic.
- Campaign impact
Throughout the campaign, ADA tracked the impact of the HTC from several KOL-led creative variations and also measured performance based on ad impressions, reach, likes, and shares.
- 418K Total Page Views in the HTC page
- 454K Total Engagements with Campaign Hashtag with 2.5% engagement rate
- 21M Total Video Views against benchmark of 6M to 25M
- Silver in Excellence in Brand Strategy category at Marketing Excellence Awards 2022
- Bronze in Excellence in Mobile Marketing category at Marketing Excellence Awards 2022
- Bronze in Social Media Marketing category at Marketing Excellence Awards 2022