Boost Successfully Drives Mobile App Growth with Consumer Insights
With the increase of adoption of eWallets and consumers joining the #GoCashless bandwagon, the eWallet business space started to get competitive. Boost, Malaysia’s home-grown eWallet faced a similar challenge – How could Boost compete with more dominant market players, with almost 5 million users in their subscriber base?
Boost was in the third position and aimed to reach their target of 5 million users and to drive growth in Gross Transaction Value (GTV).
As every other brand was shouting the same key message, the challenge was to create a campaign that will meet their business objectives whilst also differentiating themselves from the competitors.
1. Build brand awareness and affinity
2. Derive Insights from XACT, ADA’s proprietary DMP
With XACT, ADA started to analyse consumer behaviour. We identified that consumers tend to stick with products that can offer them diversified functionality under one umbrella.
3. Positioning Boost eWallet
1. Boostopia 8.8 integrated campaign
We created the first and biggest cashless event where users can shop and pay with Boost online and offline for maximum rewards. The event was similar to a big outdoor carnival, with O2O partners, food trucks, games, and performances.2. The insights
- Achieved a GTV worth RM41K
- Achieved 3x of campaign ROI
- Acquired 11,270 of new users
- Achieved a reach of 9 million
- Increase in app downloads, user registration, and app usage
- Saw a scale of online transactions worth RM1.35 million
- Gold in Most Effective Use – Loyalty & CRM category at Marketing Interactive MARKies 2021