Digital space is becoming more complex for advertisers when it comes to the question of attribution – the source of information and data, and how customers purchase them successfully. As Google Search is the top search engine in Bangladesh, it was optimized to the fullest in terms of SEO, with Search Ads via Google Ads implemented to lessen the weaknesses of SEO.
The idea was to hack the Search Ads OptiScore, as we worked hand in hand with our Google representative team in running the campaigns with Google’s advanced tools via Google Ads Platform.
We investigated the facts first prior to designing the campaign and overall communication. Google Search Console, Firebase, Google Analytics, and Keyword Planner were used to analyze search behavior, audiences, where people drop off generally, and the top contents of the website/app.
We also analyzed the Social media queries using ADA’s Social Listening tool to find more keywords people generally talk about in Social. Based on the findings, audience segmentations were needed and necessary to craft and establish effective communications.
Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Firebase, Keyword Planner, ADA’s Social Listening Tool, Search Ad Logics, Google’s OptiScore report, and Google Ads Scripts were our stack of tools, utilised to make the campaign successful in accordance with the objectives. Backend technical integrations and tasks were done to maximize the impact of the campaign performance.
Fall of Web Revenue
Due to the massive development of the Mobile Apps market and Mobile Financial Services, Robi was losing Web Revenue. Based on Robi’s business analytics data, more than 80% of self-purchases from customers are done through MyRobi App or the MFS Providers.
Closing customer journeys to increase best in-class user experience
Some people are initiating the purchase/reload process on different owned medias (App, Website, or PWA App), but ultimately not purchasing the products in the end. On the other hand, some people seek for the best offers but could not find it via the search engine.
Ad platforms algorithm issues due to budget exhaustion
Due to budget exhaustion, the ad platforms suffers from several algorithm issues, which negatively impacted the full capability of the ads placement. This limits the appearance of the ads when people use the search engine, therefore providing much less exposure to the campaigns being run.
To tackle the present challenges, the core objectives of the campaign were set as follows:
1. Implemented Dynamic Search Ad (DSA), Responsive Search Ad (RSA), and other relevant Search Ad Extensions as per Google’s best practices for OptiScore maximisation and creative excellence.
2. Condensed the Purchase journey on the website, and used the last page of service purchase/checkout as the landing URL for a simpler User Experience (UX).
3. Audience Depth score was increased & optimised using related audiences – RLSA (Remarketing Lists), IMSA (In-Market Audiences), and other relevant Audiences.
4. All revenue-generating conversion were tracked on the Website and the App.
5. Continuous optimisation on Ad performance based on Conversion Rate and CTR.
6. Implemented Google Beta – Auto Applied Recommendations Control Center in order to auto- apply recommendations by Google, enabling Auto-Optimisation for Ads & Extensions and Keywords & Targeting.
7. Resolve the budget exhaustion issue, while also utilising the Customized Google Ads Script for budget automation, which saves time and provide more opportunities.
The success of this campaign demonstrates the value of ADA’s data-first approach to deliver impactful business value for clients.