Ramadan During COVID-19: A Data-Driven Look At Changing Consumer Behaviour For Marketers
As most of Southeast Asia goes into social isolation, people are starting to fear its effects on Ramadan and the festive period that follows. Neuroscientists are predicting that this could lead to a “loneliness epidemic” which could be heightened for Muslims during Ramadan. The season centres around group gatherings, tarawih prayers at mosques, and breaking fast together as a family.
While it might seem simple for some to say that these practices should be done away with in situations of emergency, it isn’t quite that easy to overlook practices that are considered compulsory and represent an integral part of the faith.
In short, with scientists warning that we may have to undergo social distancing for at least 6 months or more, this year’s Ramadan will look very different. We have to be prepared for a stay at home Ramadan.
Our data experts dived into our data XACT data, with over 375 million datasets, to uncover that:
- Offline activities will continue to fall but this doesn’t mean your consumers have disappeared.
- Many will seek out online substitutes instead, creating a new stay at home version of Ramadan.
- Brands need to make 3 key data-driven changes to their marketing strategies in order to survive.
3 data-driven marketing strategies to capture the “stay-at-home” consumer
- Change your perspective with a new consumer lens. Consumers haven’t disappeared, they’ve merely adopted new personas.
- Use insights to identify gaps that your brand can fill.
- Overcommunicate – don’t leave your consumers in the dark.
ADA’s powerful Data Management Platform (DMP), XACT, steps in with anonymous mobile-first data that is captured from 375 million unique devices and 400,000 unique apps.
Learn more about the ADA Data Story and how our data scientists and engineers can help accelerate your business growth.
About ADA’s Crisis Personas
Hypertargeting with our ground breaking crisis personas. Make every dollar count and up your digital marketing game through our Crisis Personas. Formulated by data experts using XACT, our proprietary data management platform with over 375 million datasets, these personas represent insights drawn from actual digital footprint and not just creative hunches.
Every telecom report deep dives into a country in focus to document shifting trends and differences ...
In this report, the country in focus is Thailand. Download your copy on the useful findings from the...
In this report, the country in focus is Cambodia. Download your copy on the useful findings from Cam...