That was the theme for our Chinese New Year Celebrations. We wanted to celebrate it full on but with a twist to make it a little more fun. Decorated the office to make it truly memorable, instagramable even. Bring on the festive feel! To go the distance to make it a CNY to remember.
- Worked stopped at noon on a Monday morning!
- We catered lunch and yup there was a CNY toss.
- A lion dance troupe was called in – an LED lion dance troupe.
That’s when the normalcy ended.
- Enter our Emcee BibiKpoh and 2 sexy divas.
- Broke everyone into teams – gave each team some props and told them they have about 30 mins to form their own lion dance troupe!
- Invaded Boost to flash mob them with our lions, Why not?
Nope it didn’t end there.
- Presented the best lion dance team – each member gets an extra day of leave.
- Gathered everyone into the auditorium and asked them to pluck a red packet from 2 cherry blossom trees – with a pair of chopsticks – and they had 15 seconds to do it in!
- Inside each red packet corresponded to a number which corresponded to a unique gift. Your luck la!
- There were ang pow gifts – RM 138, RM 88, RM 62, RM 38 etc etc.. But then there were gifts like a hamper of Instant noodles, A couple of cans of tuna, a plastic plant…. T’was really your luck!
T’was a blast out of the ordinary. But we ushered in the Lunar New Year 2019 with a bang, a lot of laughter, but most importantly – together in harmony!
Many thanks to Jason Lim for being wonderful in creating very beautiful and unique decorations to our office and for organising this whole shindig!